Old 08-11-2007, 03:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default How do cuttings grow?

In article , Mary Fisher
says...

"David in Normandy" wrote in message

There was a good post, a few months back on here, where a poster told the
story about a bay tree he removed from his garden. He cut the main trunk
and
left it as a pole/post in the garage. If I recall his story, a year or so
later he planed it and turned it into a post to put a house name/number
on.
After hammering it into the ground, a few week later it was sprouting new
growth...........some cutting that.

'twas I. The post is thriving! I'll post a picture some time.

I'd be very interested in seeing that!

Mary

Photo now posted:

(I've obliterated our address details from the name plate as I don't
like posting too many personal details to the internet)

http://www.avisoft.co.uk/photos/Hpim6093a.jpg

I'd be interested to know if the post has actually put out roots, but
I'm not going to dig it up to find out!
--
David in Normandy