Old 08-11-2007, 09:32 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
John Varigos John Varigos is offline

Default King Greenhood (new)

Another shot of the colony we found. This one shows how well they blend in
with the surrounds.

Pterostylis baptistii has got to be the largest of the greenhoods. A really
majestic flower. Unfortunately, it had rained very heavily 2 days before we
found them (170 cm in 24 hours) and many flowers were knocked over but there
were still enough standing to make a very impressive sight.

~John

"AusDigi" wrote in message
A great new find for us was this colony of King Greenhoods (Pterostylis
baptistii). John V will agree they were a great find. The flowers measure
5x5cm (2x2 in), which the photos don't really do justice to.

This species is rare in my state and this colony is possibly the farthest
known.

--
http://photos.rnr.id.au/2007/11/05/

Attached Thumbnails
King Greenhood (new)-pterostylis-baptistii-colony.jpg