Old 08-11-2007, 07:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Peter James[_2_] Peter James[_2_] is offline

Default Sprouts question

Wally wrote:

Never grown them before (Brussels Sprouts that is)
I think I may be doing something wrong but cant work
out what.
Basically mine are growing quite well but the sprout part
is opening up like a flower and not becoming a tight ball
as they should be.
Can someone point me in the right direction please ??

Wally

Did you firm up the ground before planting them? Brussles Sprouts do
like firm ground, I understand that what you are experiencing is a
result of not doing this.