Old 08-11-2007, 07:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy Janet Tweedy is offline

Default Sprouts question

In article , Wally
writes
Never grown them before (Brussels Sprouts that is)
I think I may be doing something wrong but cant work
out what.
Basically mine are growing quite well but the sprout part
is opening up like a flower and not becoming a tight ball
as they should be.
Can someone point me in the right direction please ??

Wally

Usually it's because the ground isn't or rather hasn't been firmed
enough, they don't like loose soil, which is why you should heel in the
plants when you transplant them to there final positions.

The term is 'blown' I believe.

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy