Old 09-11-2007, 01:32 AM posted to rec.gardens
mleblanca mleblanca is offline

Default Pictures of Culvert Sides

On Nov 7, 6:40 pm, Scott Hildenbrand
wrote:

Snipped back to here.. Said the whole thing isn't mine, not none of it..
half the ditch is on my property line.

At any rate, do appreciate the advice. Short of calling one of the local
farmers, I'm just a normal joe and don't have access to them fancy
mowers..

Also, not eradicating everything, Just working with the top 1/4 of my side.

Far as deer go, you must have tons of them to think they demolish
anything edible.. We've got grape vines, blackberry, figs and several
other things which they for the most part leave alone. Besides, I can
share.

Else I'd be shooting the pesky squirrels who keep eating the pecans.

Also seeding the whole yard with clover to feed the fluffy bunnies,
bees, deer and anything else that wants it..

Scott I think your idea is great, and it sounds like you will be busy
enjoying the outdoors and the wildlife!
In the ''Prairie" area of my yard, I have Purple New England Asters,
and
Goldenrod. The butterflies and the native bees love it. The Kwanzaa
daylilies would be nice too. They do spread quite enthusiastically, so
watch that they don't take over. Joe Pye Weed is also nice.
(Eupatorium
purpureum) There is another Eupatorium, called 'Chocolate' That is a
very
nice plant. A nice grass that I enjoy is Switch Grass, Panicum
virgatum.

I know you are going to have fun, so show us a picture when
things get going!
Emilie
NorCal