Old 08-11-2007, 09:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Butcher's Blue?

Charlie Pridham writes
In article ,
says...

In article ,
Charlie Pridham writes:

| Sorry Janet there are no entries for Butchers, and only 2 for Butcher and
| both of those are Malus varieties. I would suggest it was a description
| of the colour.

Bloody Butcher is a decorative maize. Blue Jade is another. I reply
merely to confuse.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Presumably because no one sells the plants they do not appear in the
plant finder :~)

Googling world-wide on
"Butchers blue" -apron -candy
gives several hundred hits not one of which refers to a plant, so I'm
inclined to the view it doesn't exist as a variety name.
(-apron gets rid of most of the butchers apron type sites. Don't ask
about the -candy)
--
Kay