Old 09-11-2007, 11:15 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
John - Pa. John - Pa. is offline

Default Nov 8 - After the Frost_8041.jpg

I am also not a big fan of the huge "dinner plate" style of dahlia. I
do like the smaller (about 2-ft tall) "border" style which these
are... or were. All you have to do is dig them in the fall (here in
Pa.) and plant them in the spring, and they bloom like mad for at
least 4-months in-between.

This wasn't a ground-hardening frost, so I should still be able to
pull out the tubers without any damage. My main problem is that too
many tend to dry out and die over the winter in storage. I need to
adjust my storage technique.

JD

LOL!

I'm not a dahlia fan though, to me this picture is more appealing than a
full blown bloom :-)

Mary