Old 09-11-2007, 03:53 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
tuckermor tuckermor is offline

Default I ate a beet

Congratulations on your beet crop.
There is no sarcasm there, none, just sympathy.
I once decided to try growing wheat in my 4x16 vegetable bed. I used about
half of the bed for the wheat, and my friend with the electric flour mill
laughed and laughed when I showed up on his doorstep with my little pint jar
of wheat berries.
But hey, I had enough flour to make a *delicious* batch of whole wheat rolls
for Thanksgiving, and gained a much better understanding of what goes on up
there in North Dakota.

--

Visit
www.insectgraphics.com for all your insect gift needs
"doofy" wrote in message
Just harvested half of my beet crop. Which amounts to two beets.

I ate one. With greens.

I'm amazed at how richly green and waxy looking the greens are on these
plants. They were the most robust looking plants in the garden.

And it's not how well I cooked it, but that I had one to cook at all.