Old 09-11-2007, 05:47 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default I ate a beet

In article ,
doofy wrote:

tuckermor wrote:
Congratulations on your beet crop.
There is no sarcasm there, none, just sympathy.
I once decided to try growing wheat in my 4x16 vegetable bed. I used about
half of the bed for the wheat, and my friend with the electric flour mill
laughed and laughed when I showed up on his doorstep with my little pint
jar
of wheat berries.
But hey, I had enough flour to make a *delicious* batch of whole wheat
rolls
for Thanksgiving, and gained a much better understanding of what goes on up
there in North Dakota.

I planted some buckwheat out there, to attract bees, build the soil, but
I think it's in a spot that is too shady.

I also planted a container of snap beans. Got one plateful out of it.
But, by golly, I grew them.

What's a good shade tolerant veggie?

I'd like to know too.
I'm not sure there are any?

Maybe broad leaf greens such as chard?
--
Peace, Om

Remove - (dash) to validate gmail.

"Human nature seems to be to control other people until they put their foot down." -- Steve Rothstein