Old 09-11-2007, 06:31 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Kurt[_2_] Kurt[_2_] is offline

Default Paying for the moderation software for RPM

In article om,
Phyllis and Jim wrote:

I am chiming in as an individual.

Thank you, Chris, for contributing about potential software options.

I am delighted that the preparation for next year's software rental
fee has opened up the possibility of cost-free moderation software. I
think all of the moderators would love to have no-cost software!

I would like to move in a both/and direction for the moment: BOTH
raise funds so we will not be without software AND see if we can get
an effective free alternative. If we can get it in place before we
have to pay the software use fee, good and we can refund the monies
donated. If we can't get it in place fast enough, we can move ahead
with rental and keep looking without leaving rpm without moderation.

Jim

My question would be, just how bad could an unmoderated board for ponds
be? It's not political, religious or controversial, and aside from bulk
spam or the occasional flamer, I don't see the value of a omderated
board except to be a lot of work for someone. I subscribe to about 20
Usenet groups, and none of them are moderated. They manage to do fine.
Most everyone knows how to use a killfile, anyway.

Just my 2 cents.