Old 09-11-2007, 06:54 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Drew Lawson Drew Lawson is offline

Default Paying for the moderation software for RPM

In article
Kurt writes:

My question would be, just how bad could an unmoderated board for ponds
be?

Surprisingly bad.

It's not political, religious or controversial, and aside from bulk
spam or the occasional flamer, I don't see the value of a omderated
board except to be a lot of work for someone.

I'm not sure anymore who were villians and who were victims in
rec.ponds, but suffice it to say that some people have a lot of
energy for making trouble, or for making sure that others' fun is
ruined.

I subscribe to about 20
Usenet groups, and none of them are moderated. They manage to do fine.
Most everyone knows how to use a killfile, anyway.

Killfiles are of much less use when there is a problem with forged
posting addresses. That was going on, as was some pretending to
have been forged, etc.

--
Drew Lawson And I know there's more to the story
I know I need to see more