Old 10-11-2007, 12:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Derek Derek is offline

Default Accelerate the compost

"'Mike'" wrote in message

"R" wrote in message

"Sally Thompson" wrote in message
al.net...
On Wed, 7 Nov 2007 16:51:11 +0000, Sheila wrote
(in article ) :

"Martin" wrote in message
On Wed, 7 Nov 2007 12:01:32 -0000, "TheScullster"

wrote:

"CWatters" wrote

Anything I can do to speed up the process? I've been adding leaves
now
that
we have loads falling.

What the others have said and add Garrotta

and stand with your back to the wind.

my mind boggles, I try to visualise myself trying to balance on the
top of
mine, its taller than me.....plus I'm a lady...... then some bright
spark
says, why not put it in a jug........

actually, how much do we actually need? or how often!

No, no, it's definitely a man thing! (a) they have the equipment and
(b)
they have different hormones. I'm told that Copella fruit juice bottles
are
quite convenient because they have a large enough opening.

Sorry..........not big enough.................BTDTGTTS ;-)

Now trying a wine carafe......

No commentg.

One man should be enough - in a compost sense I mean. Apply daily (just
watch the double-entendres in that one!).

What about emptying the contents of a chemical camping toilet on there?

Don't laugh. Think about it. What are the chemicals there for? What 'are'
the contents?

Mike

--
www.rneba.org.uk for the latest pictures of the very first reunion and
Inaugural General Meeting. Nothing less than a fantastic success.

Probably not a good idea the ones I've used have had Formaldehyde in the
chemical solution which is likely to kill the bacteria you need to promote I
understand there are some enzyme based ones about not seen one so
Derek