Old 10-11-2007, 02:11 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default pond filter question

On Fri, 9 Nov 2007 09:49:28 CST, Hal wrote:

On Wed, 7 Nov 2007 18:57:46 CST, "mjl" wrote:

I would like to know what the difference is between a pressurized filter and
a non pressurized filter. Is one better than the other? My filter started
leaking and I need to buy a filter for a 2,000 gallon pond.I bought my
filter locally, and had it for about 6 years. It was a regular filter with
no uv attached.Any advice on buying a new filter would be greatly
appreciated. I was considering buying a filter with a UV sterilizer built
in, as I didn't build any shelves in my pond and have tried to grow water
lilies on the bottom of the pond plus a number of other plants a few times
but the koi destroy them, so as a result the water is always green. thanks
for any advise

I waited a day before answering and was expecting more traffic on this
subject,

I was kind of hoping someone more technical would also comment. You might
try www.akca.org click on Koi Health Advisor and read the info on
Filtration.

I can say a pressurized filter is like those that are used in swimming
pools (only different media), were non-pressurized is going to be open. You
can view a non-pressurized system on my website, click on "My filter".
~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us