Old 10-11-2007, 04:04 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Kurt[_2_] Kurt[_2_] is offline

Default Paying for the moderation software for RPM

In article ,
San Diego Joe wrote:

"Kurt" wrote:

My question would be, just how bad could an unmoderated board for ponds
be? It's not political, religious or controversial, and aside from bulk
spam or the occasional flamer, I don't see the value of a omderated
board except to be a lot of work for someone. I subscribe to about 20
Usenet groups, and none of them are moderated. They manage to do fine.
Most everyone knows how to use a killfile, anyway.

Just my 2 cents.

Wow. For a preview, drop in over at rec.ponds. It used to be worse.

I dropped in today after never having been there. Scrolled through last
2 months posts. You have the prolific cross spammer bobandcarole and a
few others easily killfiled. He hit a few groups I was in a while back,
but disappeared after a few emails to his news service. Amazed that he
gets in that group. The rest are related.

The problem I see is that many of the pond group were constantly
responding to these posts.

Easy solution: If they don't get attention they gradually stop posting.
Don't respond. Email their news provider, don't waste time responding to
their baiting.

No posts in that entire group today.

Using the killfile feature is really all you need.