Old 10-11-2007, 04:02 PM posted to rec.gardens
William Wagner[_2_] William Wagner[_2_] is offline

Default Have you Ever Seen?

In article ,
helco wrote:

You might find black oil sunflower seeds are easier for the birds to
handle than the striped. I'm not sure how poisonous they would be to
plants underneath.

The thistle seeds used for birds are heat treated so they won't germinate.

HTH

helco

I like the thistle feeder that force the finches to hang upside down.
Finches are the only guys that can do it so it saves money. I also
place electrical shrink wrap on metal supports before it gets real cold.
So no ones feet gets stuck.

Bill

--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade