Old 10-11-2007, 04:18 PM posted to rec.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

Default Have you Ever Seen?

HettieŽ expounded:

I've always wanted to try to attract goldfinches, too,

Grow and let go to seed sunflowers and echinacea, and you'll have all
the goldfinches you want. As for the hummers, I do feed them, only to
get them close to the porch so I can see them up close. They'd be in
the garden anyways, I have all manner of flowers for them to enjoy,
salvias, agastaches, heucheras (they love the old-fashioned coral
bells), the list goes on. What attracts them also attracts
butterflies. Flying flowers )
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts