Old 11-11-2007, 06:30 PM posted to rec.gardens
HettieŽ HettieŽ is offline

Default William & Others, ?

William Wagner wrote:

http://www.google.com/search?client=...de+down+finch+
feeder&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

I purchased one from here.

http://www.birdsforever.com/thistle.html

Which one did you purchase since you have tried so many already?
Several would do, kind of lean toward this one, and it is cheap, #PP399,
don't care for the yellow plastic capper all that much but it may help
attract them.

Don't care for the folksy painted one, or the spiral ones except the
green capper would blend in better than yellow, (money an issue but will
spend what it takes), other spiral model too long, Magnums? might be ok
but prefer ones with traditional perches, Droll Yankee mini too small,
the bigger one better, but wish it were more natural material, looks
like aluminum. Would their feet freeze, don't know when they migrate,
surely whatever were here are gone by now?

I'm too picky and even if I didn't have a camera would certainly enjoy
watching them. But it is a factor to find a "photogenic" one and heaven
knows the difficulty in setting up decent shots without spooking them,
best way is my tripod and my remote, plus I need to put it someplace
were there wouldn't be something ugly and distracting in the bg which is
not easy around here but doable. BTW, some photographer did wonders
with that ITEM #TH-3, it's loaded and a good shot. I'm just am amateur
but work hard at it.

I don't have to buy it at bestnest; they just happened to have several
things I liked & needed at good prices, a few of the purchases were
extravagant.

Thanks for the link!

Have lots of fun !

Bill who purchased all sorts of feeders which proved to be useless.