Old 11-11-2007, 05:13 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_4_] Billy[_4_] is offline

Default I ate a beet

In article . com,
gonzo wrote:

Man, I can't wait until I get some land. Hard to change the world on my
10x12 concrete patio.

Sounds to me like you need to start thinking outside the box.. as in
stacked containers? Secure well, the last thing you want is toppling
over when you are a week from harvest!!

|_/

|__/

|___/

|_____/

A little bit here and a little bit there and it all adds up.

Eat Here, by Brian Halweil, p.162.

"Households with a bit of land might be surprised at their
capacity to satisfy some of their own food needs with a garden.
In Cuba, the 104,087 small urban and suburban gardens in the
form of patios, container plants, and "popular gardens" in tight
locations between houses and streets actually yield more produce
on just 3,595 hectares than all of the "organoponics" and inten-
sive market gardens combined.15

15. Fernando Funes et al. (eds.) Sustainable Agriculture and Resistance;
Transforming Food Production in Cuba(Oakland, California, Food First
Books. 2002) p.227.

Gonzo, keep on, keepin' on.
--
Bush Behind Bars

Billy

Get up, stand up, stand up for your rights.
Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.
- Bob Marley