Old 11-11-2007, 05:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Can I draw your attention to

On 11/11/07 05:40, in article ,
"Paul Narramore" wrote:

Hello
This is my first post here but already I'm a bit puzzled. The note at
the top of the page states the post I'm about to reply to will be
quoted below. Why? Other message boards I write on simply lists the
posts as it is always obvious what the writer is referring to. This
seems to me to be an unneccessarily long winded way of creating a
thread, don't you think? Imagine you are conversation with a friend and
you say to the friend "I finally got around to pruning my
fremontodendron this afternoon" and he replies "I got around to pruning
my fremontodendron this afternoon. Oh did you? Did it take you long."
Seems a bit odd to me. What do you all think?
Paul

You'll find it much easier to use uk.rec.gardening if you subscribe to it
directly, rather than through Garden Banter. Some urg subscribers won't
reply to those coming through Garden Banter because GB takes our posts and
uses them on a commercial site, without so much as a by-your-leave or a
'thank you'.
Apart from that, using a newsreader program makes it less complicated for
you to follow what's going on here. Conventionally, this group tends
towards bottom posting because it's rather like having a conversation. You
reply to what someone has said, rather than anticipating it!
All that said, welcome to urg.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk