Old 11-11-2007, 09:38 PM posted to rec.gardens
William Wagner[_2_] William Wagner[_2_] is offline

Default William & Others, ?

In article ,
HettieŽ wrote:

www.birdfood.co.uk/.../goldfinch_01.jpg

Janet (Scotland)

Hi Janet, well at least we both have finches, and that is a good thing.

Now I see at my bestnest link a lot are exactly the same as at the link
William supplied me. I see the upsidedown one, too. I don't mind
upsidedown, but don't want one where that is the only position they can
feed, fun at times to watch, but looks unnatural. I guess you can't
have it both ways.

May be their nature. I've been filling up the feeder every other
day. Hard to think a wood pecker can hammer away for a grub but they do
for which I am grateful.
I have a hard time wondering just what is natural or not. Closer to
human ideals seem to make the question a bit bias. Dung beetles come to
mind. Anyway these upside finches seem to come back look about upright
then spin to the inverse without thinking about it.

PS Hummers can't walk weird world eh?

Bill who hopes you enjoy birding for a long time.

RED Flowers attract as would a red car.

I've been hoping for a Mac version of this for years.

http://www.thayerbirding.com/dnn/

--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade