Old 12-11-2007, 06:44 AM posted to rec.ponds
Reel McKoi[_14_] Reel McKoi[_14_] is offline

Default Ping: Kurt

"Kurt" wrote in message
In article ,
"Reel McKoi" wrote:
I got it. Yes, there may have been server problems. That doesn't
surprise
me. Watch your email for my reply. :-)

=============
Hey, looks like we have this group all to ourselves!

That's what a good "killfiling" does. :-)))

Been quite the past couple weeks for my pond -first time in 5 years , a
heron showed up and ate more than half my fish! (never knew they lived
around here) Got net over the pond now, and haven't seen him back. Fish
still traumatized.

We were OK the first summer of 1995. Then the summer of 1996 the predators
showed up.... herons, Kingfishers, water snakes, snapper turtles, huge
bullfrogs and more. After losing most fish we went to ACE Hardware and
bought nets. We haven't lost a koi since. The smaller snakes get through
and take a few fry but that's about it. We can spare fry as we always have
several hundred on hand in the fry tanks behind the house.

--

RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.