Old 12-11-2007, 02:15 PM posted to aus.gardens
HC HC is offline

Default Mosquito repellant plant?

Aha!!....but it could be an improvement!! ROFLMHO

Bronwyn ;-)

Jonno wrote:
Only if you have a potted plant!
You'd end up a pothead though. Not a good look!

HC wrote:

So does that mean I can't put a carnivorous plant on my hat while bush
walking? Drat!! LOL

Bronwyn ;-)

Jonno wrote:

The problem with carnivorous plants is they dont chase the mossies.
They just sit there.

Chookie wrote:

In article , HC wrote:

The most effective repellent I've found is high dose Vitamin B,
trouble was that I stopped it when back home (from the Top End)
thinking that RRV etc was only in the top half of the country.
Discovered the mistake too late!! But I take Vitamin B 'every' day
now, and will until the day I die!! LOL

It probably repels dropbears too.

There is some kind of tea-tree (Leptospermum) being sold as a mozzie
repellent, IIRC. And we've all forgotten about carnivorous plants!