Old 12-11-2007, 02:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren Nick Maclaren is offline

Default plants are weird - ping Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Stewart Robert Hinsley writes:

| Indeed. I am half-expecting someone to find an oddity among even
| the mammals one of these days.
|
| Does the existence of 5 pairs of sex chromosomes in the platypus
| qualify?

Yes, but we can then debate whether they are mammals! Now, there
is an excellent, long-running, academic debate :-)

| It seems about as weird as
| permanent translocation heterozygosity in some Onagraceae (classically
| in Oenothera section Oenothera) ...

I require notice of that term! I have found a page for students that
explains it, and will read it when I have time ....

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.