Old 12-11-2007, 03:45 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Fruit tree quickies

but each different fruit needs different cultural conditions and combine that with
where you are located you are expecting a great deal from someone to basically sit
down and DO your search for you and write it all up. few people have that
information on the top of their heads and/or the time to write it all down for you.

look around for an orchard group in your area, and talking on the phone is much
easier than writing all that out.

On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 23:53:06 -0800, "SteveB" wrote:
Give me some pointers on watering, fertilizing, and care to get a good crop
this year. I am good at pruning, and these need some pruning, but not a
lot.

Tell me the difference between winter watering schedules, spring, and
summer. Is it good to make a moat and fill it, or slow water? We have PVC
system. Winter, how often to water? Spring and summer, same question.

When to fertilize and with what? Tilled in? Spread around the drip line
and watered in? Around the drip line and raked in? Put in the moat and let
dissolve?

I know I can get all these answers from books, and from Google. It's just
that I don't like to sift through that much information, and like the direct
quick answers here.

Thanks in advance.

Steve