Old 12-11-2007, 05:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default The plastic bag free town

On 12/11/07 17:17, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 17:13:21 -0000, "Bob Hobden" wrote:

Interesting site about Modbury, the town that has banned plastic bags.
The video of a speech by Ray Anderson on the "Why and How to" page is
excellent.
http://www.plasticbagfree.com/index.php

and if anyone thinks this is OT for this ng check out the site.

I'd be more impressed if they were giving away reuseable bags.

You're still paying for your supermarket plastic bag, you just don't know
how much! People value what they pay for, so they'll use those bags
elsewhere, too.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk