Old 12-11-2007, 07:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Parsnips in containers

"Peter James" wrote in message
news:1i7h2h2.11tx1ogkv4rjvN%pfjames2000@googlemail .com...
I only have a very small vegetable patch so have very little room to
grow the sort of vegetables I would like to grow. A nephew however gave
me some 25 litre plastic containers that had been used for the storage
and transport of honey.
I used three of these and planted them out with parsnip seeds back in
March. The results are really good. I lifted two this week-end gone
and they are great. The rest I am going to leave in the pots in the
peat I grew them in until the frost give them a "lick". I always felt
that frost improve parsnips no end.

I agree, and thanks for that information. As an ex-beekeeper I have lots of
buckets!

Mary