Old 13-11-2007, 12:01 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Reel McKoi[_14_] Reel McKoi[_14_] is offline

Default Paying for the moderation software for RPM

"Kurt" wrote in message

I shy away from PCs, so I use the excellent MTNewswatcher on our Macs.

======================
A lot of people on rec.ponds at the time had no idea how to use a killfile.
But as was explained that doesn't work when the trolls are using other
poster's names and email addresses and software that flooded the group with
thousands of posts a day. Some of those posts were so profane and depraved
they alone drove people away. As long as the posters who wouldn't do what
he demanded of them, and I myself remain on these pond groups, the troll who
destroyed rec.ponds will keep up his attacks on that group.

The first Goldfish list died when the man known as "Sillybug" who ran it
lost interest in the list and there was no one else to take it over. We
also had a poster constantly spamming the list who people were objecting to.
He simply lost interest and moved on. At the time he abandoned the list we
were getting as many as 75 to 150 messages a day.
--

RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.