Old 13-11-2007, 12:05 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Kurt[_2_] Kurt[_2_] is offline

Default winter ready

In article ,
"Reel McKoi" wrote:

"Phyllis and Jim" wrote in message
ups.com...
We just had our first little frost. I will begin to allow for the
dying of the plants. We don't have to worry about ice. It never
covers the pond.

We're having an abnormally warm fall here. The pumps are still running
although their appetites are falling off.

Today was high 70s low 80s near beach. Pond is thriving and hyacinth and
others are still growing like gangbusters.
I had a heron (first one I've ever seen in 5 years here) show up a week
ago and drastically reduce my fish population. Have a plastic net over
it now. He came back next morning, but was apparently unhappy with the
net and left right away.
I know my pond is on his radar, so I'll be vigilant.