Old 13-11-2007, 05:47 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default I ate a beet

In article
,
Billy wrote:

As unsanitary a subject as it is, what comes out of us can be
instructive. If it is black, you may have internal bleeding or too much
iron in your diet. If you haven't been eating beets and it comes out
red, you have bleeding. If there are things moving on it, you have
problems. If it comes out hard, you need more fiber. If it comes out
loose, you should consider what you ate. If it comes out unexpectedly,
you may need to see a doctor. You you don't poop, you can probably
expect to explode before you turn fifty;-)

Amusing. g

Last time dad bought some fresh beets and I cooked them for him, he'd
forgotten about that "side effect". About a day and a half after I fixed
them for him and he ate the entire bunch in one meal, (I'm not much of a
beet root fan, I like the greens), he came into my room after going to
the restroom and asked me if I could think of anything that would make
it look like he had a rectal bleed.

I continued with my e-mails and just said one word. "Beets". g

He calmed down and finally recalled that factoid... He is 75.

We don't serve fresh ones very often. I buy the salt-free canned more
and they don't do that.
--
Peace, Om

Remove - (dash) to validate gmail.

"Human nature seems to be to control other people until they put their foot down." -- Steve Rothstein