Old 13-11-2007, 06:17 AM posted to aus.gardens
HC HC is offline

Default Mosquito repellant plant?

Maybe they were blind mosquitoes? ROFLMHO!!

Jonno wrote:
I dont know, but the improvement could be that you will be bitten less.
If it means your facial features, arent mosquito's repelled by really
ugly people? If so, you cant be that bad!!!
IMHO

HC wrote:

Aha!!....but it could be an improvement!! ROFLMHO

Bronwyn ;-)

Jonno wrote:

Only if you have a potted plant!
You'd end up a pothead though. Not a good look!

HC wrote:

So does that mean I can't put a carnivorous plant on my hat while
bush walking? Drat!! LOL

Bronwyn ;-)

Jonno wrote:

The problem with carnivorous plants is they dont chase the mossies.
They just sit there.

Chookie wrote:

In article , HC
wrote:

The most effective repellent I've found is high dose Vitamin B,
trouble was that I stopped it when back home (from the Top End)
thinking that RRV etc was only in the top half of the country.
Discovered the mistake too late!! But I take Vitamin B 'every'
day now, and will until the day I die!! LOL

It probably repels dropbears too.

There is some kind of tea-tree (Leptospermum) being sold as a
mozzie repellent, IIRC. And we've all forgotten about carnivorous
plants!