Old 13-11-2007, 08:17 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Steve[_21_] Steve[_21_] is offline

Default Shredder for prunings and leaves

On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 03:48:12 -0800, andyv wrote:

I'd hoped to get a shredder that would take leaves and by mincing them
up speed up the composting process. My ideal would be to get it down
to one year like regular compost, but even 2 years would be helpful.

I'm not sure about using a shredder for for leaves, wouldn't the inlet on
them be too small? I use a leaf blower/vacumn to reduce leaf volume which
works really well, I just drop it on the floor and feed them into it.
Useless for prunings of course.

Steve