Old 13-11-2007, 09:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Broadback Broadback is offline

Default Shredder for prunings and leaves

CWatters wrote:
"andyv" wrote in message
ps.com...
I see there's been a bit of correspondence on this in the past, but
I'm not sure which way to turn.

I have a fair few prunings from bushes to get rid of and the Bosch
2200HP looks ideal for this.

Two Thousand Two Hundred Horsepower? You must have big prunings :-)

This year I treated myself to a petrol Woodsman shredder, I have lots of
hedging and was fed up feeding the cuttings a handful at a time into my
electric Bosch. This shredder is the bees knees, I just throw the
cuttings in and out they come much more finely shredded. Also as a plus
you can tip it whilst running so that the mouth is along the
ground,leaves are then simply brushed or raked in, they come out very
finely shredded indeed. Two disadvantages, one it is noisy, secondly if
not very careful it can discharge sawdust shreddings into the air.