Old 13-11-2007, 08:11 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Reel McKoi[_14_] Reel McKoi[_14_] is offline

Default winter ready

"Kurt" wrote in message

Yes, I think they go for the easier pickins'
He/She will have to work a little to get the next meal out of my yard.
One of my friends with a 30,000 gal pond in AZ uses tomato netting.
Built a wooden frame over one area to drape it on. Otherwise, has
underwater caves of cement blocks for fish to hide in.

I tried the underwater cave thing and it didn't work. Maybe the Herons
didn't get them in the caves but the water snakes and large bullfrogs had no
trouble getting them. :*(
--

RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.