Old 21-02-2003, 04:15 AM
Dwayne

Default Grapes In Miami

Try southern grapes. Muscadines are a good tasting one. They grow in
Arkansas and farther south. Lees Nursery in TN is the only one I have info
on, 931-668-4870, but I know there are some companies in GA that have a much
better selection and give you a lot more information than Lees does. Get on
the Internet and type in Growing Muscadines and see what you can come up
with.

I would imagine any other grape would do well there also. Call your catalog
company and see what they tell you about it. Most will replace them if they
fail, so I doubt if they would tell you wrong.

Good luck. Dwayne

" wrote in message
I have a pretty good edible garden going now. I have basil, oregano,

sage,
tomatoes, bell peppers, banana peppers and jalapenos as well as spearmint,
peppermint, rosemary, and parsley) . I was really interested in growing
grapes, but as I have never seen grapes growing in Miami I was wondering

if
that was even possible. If so, what would be the best way to accomplish
this. What kind of grapes and where do i get the seeds?