Old 05-04-2003, 06:32 AM
Trish Brown

Default veges in a planter box

Todd Boardman wrote:

i want to establish a vegie patch for my parents, but their land is so steep
and uneven i have thought a planter box might be the way to go.

any advice on size (depth), and also soil mix recommended.

any other help would be well appreciated

thanks, todd

I have no specific advice regarding soils etc, but when I was at
University, I had an *extremely* successful veggie garden in styrofoam
fruit boxes (the sort that come with lids). I punched in some decent
drainage holes and then just used K-Mart-cheap-and-nasty potting mix
with a handful of osmacote. I grew tomatoes, beans, snow peas and
zucchini in the first year and the yield was remarkable! Have a go at
it! Your parents will love it! :-)
--
Trish {|:-}
Newcastle, NSW, Australia