Old 13-11-2007, 02:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike' 'Mike' is offline

Default The plastic bag free town

"'Mike'" wrote in message

We use some plastic bags but our main 'carriers' are shallow cardboard
trays. They arrive flat and we make them up as needed. On busy days we
could almost have one person doing that job.
I think they cost us about 15p each

--
Sacha

15p plus the labour cost of making them up. How many can that 'one person'
make up per hour and what is the hourly rate?

So many businesses don't take the full cost of an item into consideration.

I was looking at a Roadside Public House which is on the market and the
cost of what I call 'Dead Money' on the Rent and Rates alone is £207.00
PER DAY.

When I had my factories, I did a 'Dead Money' calculation on Rent, Rates,
Gas and Electric Standing Charge, Telephone Rent, Insurances etc etc,
added it all up for the year and divided by 365. That was the cost,
Sundays, Christmas Day etc that was 'Money down the drain' BEFORE I paid
for the first member of staff to come in and switch a light on, flush the
loo, turn the heating up etc etc.

One of the hidden considerations I included in my book on starting a
business.

Sacha. Have you done a 'Dead Money' calculation? What it costs per day to
run your place as a business? I doubt it, not many do :-( They wait for
the end of the year, hand their books to the Accountant and then a year
after the Financial Year has closed, see how well they didn't do 18 months
ago :-(

Mike

Well what do you know?

Just picked this up off the front page :-))
.................................................. .........

Hidden costs 'raise US war price'

US Democrats say the wars are costing the US too much
The US wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are costing nearly double the
amount previously thought, according to a report set to be released by
Congress.
Democrats say the wars have cost $1.5 trillion - almost twice the
requested $804bn (£402bn) - because of "hidden costs", the Washington Post
reports.

Kindest regards

Mike
Who didn't come down with the last shower of rain :-)))
--
www.rnshipmates.co.uk for ALL Royal Navy Association matters
"Navy Days" Portsmouth 25th - 27th July 2008. RN Shipmates will be there.