Old 13-11-2007, 03:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default The plastic bag free town

In article ,
says...
On 13/11/07 14:33, in article
,
"Charlie Pridham" wrote:

In article ,

says...
Charlie Pridham wrote:

Boxes are fine at the nursery but at shows and plant sales, we use
bags, some customers bring their own, but we need to sell to people
that did not realise they wanted to buy something as well! so if
anyone knows of bags like plastic carriers but not made of plastic,
we remain interested to hear about them.

Try Bio bags:
http://www.biobag.no/default.pl?showPage=246

I was going to suggest compostable nappy bags but thought they might be too
small for your plants.

Thanks for that, they look the part, just need to find a stockest down
here (we only use a thousand per year)

Charlie, we use http://torbaypackaging.co.uk/ for some boxes but I don't
think they do biodegradable stuff. I'll email them to find out.

Just found this while googling for bio bags (which are very expensive by
the way 8X more than plastic) It made rather interesting reading and goes
some way to explain why the government are not pushing that hard to
change things.
http://www.defra.gov.uk/environment/.../index.htm#bio
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall