Old 13-11-2007, 03:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default The plastic bag free town

In article ,
says...

On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 17:13:21 -0000, "Bob Hobden"

wrote:

Interesting site about Modbury, the town that has banned plastic
bags.
The video of a speech by Ray Anderson on the "Why and How to" page is
excellent.
http://www.plasticbagfree.com/index.php

In the old days, supermarkets put out their cardboard boxes for you to
put stuff in, or charged you 10p for a carrier bag. What do they do
with all the boxes nowadays?

Incidentally if it's a plastic bag free town what do people put their
rubbish in for the dustmen to collect? Putting "naked" food waste in a
wheelly bin is extremely unhygienic.

They still put boxes out but now everyone is grabbibg them there are
never enough! We keep the reusable bags in our van so they are always to
hand.
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk