Old 13-11-2007, 03:57 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Derek Broughton Derek Broughton is offline

Default pond filter question

Reel McKoi wrote:

"Peter Pan" wrote in message
. ..

"mjl" wrote in message
. ..
Hi Peter pan,
can you use a regular pump with a pressurized filter? I

Yes; a pump is a pump is a pump..

==============================
Wont the constant back pressure kill the pump?

Probably not but I can't quite agree with Mr. Pan that a pump is a pump.
There are many kinds of pump, and some handle back pressure better than
others, but all the ones used in ponds should be OK. However, "pressure"
is equivalent to "head". So if, for instance, your pressurized filter
needed 40psi (not ever having used one, I have no idea if that's a
reasonable number), that would need a pump rated to at least a 20' head!
Figure 2psi ~= 1foot, and then add some margin.
--
derek