Old 13-11-2007, 06:39 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Hal[_1_] Hal[_1_] is offline

Default winter ready

On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 15:23:32 CST, k wrote:

Next year I'm writing a note ahead in
my calendar about the good hiding place
I've found for the air pump....

Good one!

We're about 70% deleafed around here,
many of them are laying in the pond water.
Looks kindof pretty and will all come out
next spring. We have a huge growth of
hornwort on top water. Wondering how
they will do in the ice. (Low stocking
allows us to be fairly lazy about things like
leaves and such.)

I'm a bit anxious for the lantana to drop it's leaves this year, but
the single day of 32F low temperature has only burned off some of the
leaves on the top side of the bushes. I still have verbena and
lantana blooms and saw several gulf fritillary butterflies around the
flower beds yesterday and fear it will be a long leaf dropping season
for me this year. I don't have to net, but I scoop a few leaves with
a dip net sometimes after a windy day.
--
Hal Middle Georgia, Zone 8
http://tinyurl.com/2fxzcb