Old 14-11-2007, 01:43 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Puckdropper Puckdropper is offline

Default garlic timing

George wrote in
:

We always plant garlic in the fall (Syracuse NY, zone 5.something).
The stalks start yellowing in early or mid-July, and we harvest in
late July or early August.

July is when we (often) get our best sun and warmth, and the rest of
the garden really takes off then - just when the garlic is falling
over. I wonder if we might be better to plant it in the spring, so it
could benefit from that time. A later crop would be OK, if it meant
larger heads.

Any thoughts appreciated.
Thanks,
George

Where are you located? That makes all the difference in any kind of
planting plans.

Puckdropper