Old 14-11-2007, 10:54 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren Nick Maclaren is offline

Default Strimmer for grass

In article ,
"Uncle Marvo" writes:

| I've got an el cheapo Flymo one, and I replaced the plastic string with
| heavy duty plastic string (available anywhere) and it's a beast. I'm
| surprised it's still going, it has had some seriously hard treatment. I took
| a buddleia down with it, in pieces so I could get at the root, plus a load
| of nasty nettles and dock and stuff.

Thanks. Actually, nettles etc. are EASIER than pasture-style grass
for strimmers, which is one reason I am not sure what to get.

| I also have a petrol (two-stroke) one which is good if you're away from the
| mains, but it's a cow to start, smelly and downright dangerous IMHO.

That's why I don't want one. My total area is c. 1000 square yards,
and I have ensured power at all necessary points; the hassle of petrol
just isn't worth it.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.