Old 14-11-2007, 11:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Uncle Marvo Uncle Marvo is offline

Default Strimmer for grass

, I, Marvo, say :

In article ,
"Uncle Marvo" writes:

I've got an el cheapo Flymo one, and I replaced the plastic string
with heavy duty plastic string (available anywhere) and it's a
beast. I'm surprised it's still going, it has had some seriously
hard treatment. I took a buddleia down with it, in pieces so I
could get at the root, plus a load of nasty nettles and dock and
stuff.

Thanks. Actually, nettles etc. are EASIER than pasture-style grass
for strimmers, which is one reason I am not sure what to get.

Have you thought about bolting a scythe to the bottom of the strimmer?

*Please do not take this as advice*

:-)