Old 14-11-2007, 08:59 PM posted to rec.gardens
Cheryl Isaak Cheryl Isaak is offline

Default Thinking about staying warm

On 11/14/07 2:13 PM, in article
,
"William Wagner" wrote:

In article ,
Cheryl Isaak wrote:

On 11/14/07 10:00 AM, in article
, "enigma"
wrote:

Jim wrote in
:

Cheryl Isaak wrote:

It too cold here to think about much beyond the mittens
and scarves.

which keeps your hands warmer, gloves or mittens?

mittens, but it can be hard to actually work while wearing
mittens. the 'best of both worlds' solutions is to have gloves
with a fold back mitten flap. i make my under gloves without
fingertips because i need to keep a grip usually g, but full
fingered gloves under mitten flaps are quite warm, being
double layered.
lee

I've "inherited" the pairs I got DS. They great for scrapping the car and
then driving. But, you can't play in the snow with them.

Do you know what snow angels are?

Of course! try to make a few every year.

Bill who has mittens that are water proof that go over fleece gloves
and some times over a silk glove liner. Had not used that combo for a
few years I guess I am wiser?

Or living someplace warmer

I had a pair of silk liners - those disappeared from my desk on winter.