Old 14-11-2007, 04:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike' 'Mike' is offline

Default Dragon fruit

"Martin" wrote in message
On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 16:15:31 +0000, Sacha

wrote:

On 14/11/07 16:05, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 16:03:11 +0000, Sacha

wrote:

On 14/11/07 10:55, in article
,
"Martin" wrote:

On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 10:11:33 +0000, Sacha

wrote:

Captivated by the colour, I bought one of these the other day and we
ate it
this morning. Doesn't taste of anything much but I wondered if
anyone had
tried growing it from the seeds?

Book

http://wchow.home.znet.com/book.htm

I recognise that! We saw the plant sans fruits growing in the gardens
of
Lotusland in Santa Barbara!

Grow your own in ... San Diego

and website
http://www.geocities.com/wenjin92014...001/dragon.htm

Interesting they say thornless but perhaps that's referring to another
variety. The one I bought definitely had one sharp little thorn left
on it.

Was it you who told us how to avoid the thorns in prickly pears?

No!

In case you don't know.
You pick them wearing thorn proof gloves, drop them on the ground and roll
each
one under your foot until there are no more thorns.
--

Martin

Cooking Hedgehogs is easier :-)

Mike

--
www.rnshipmates.co.uk for ALL Royal Navy Association matters
"Navy Days" Portsmouth 25th - 27th July 2008. RN Shipmates will be there.