Old 15-11-2007, 01:47 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,hawaii.gardening,rec.gardens
Sammy bin Snoozin Sammy bin Snoozin is offline

Default Grooves in trunk of palm tree

Them rapscallion Calif Ag Ext folks still ain't replied to me and
won't answer their phone. Evidently all the county offices' phone
lines are forwarded to the offcice in Davis. Jeez. Tomorrow I'm
calling the Arizona boys and see what happens.

"Sammy bin Snoozin" wrote in message
I think this is a king palm (not 100% sure). Here are some photos I
just took today to show a possible problem. Up until today I thought
this was normal, but when I push on the tree, it sway very easily and
I can see the trunk move at the ground. Nothing appears wet or eaten
by insects - everything I can see and touch is hard like a normal
tree.

Anyway, anyone who can share some info about this tree - is this
normal or not, etc - would be very much appreciated.

If you send me an email, please post to this newsgroup also as I do
not check this account daily.

http://www.geocities.com/sammybinsnoozin/palm.html

Thanks in advance!

Sam