Old 15-11-2007, 03:32 AM posted to rec.gardens
Suzie-Q Suzie-Q is offline

Default Bees - Scary?

In article ,
wesleyn n.r.wesley@brightonDOTacDOTuk wrote:

Hi, my name is Neil, I'm a product design student in Brighton. I'm
looking into possibly doing a home beehive design, and yourselves as
gardeners have probably encountered the odd bee or two. I have a quick
question for you then, are you;

a/ completely unafraid of bees.
b/ very frightened of them - you may even be a confirmed apiphobic
(fear of bees) or cnidophobic (fear of stings).
c/ somewhere in between:
c1/ you are able to keep calm and ignore them, but wont go too
close
c2/ you'll move away / go indoors until they're gone
c3/ you'll try to get rid of them using bug spray etc.

Any replies will be of great value to me, thankyou for taking the time
to read and respond.

Neil

I used to work at Wal-Mart where they have the big, big windows
in the front of the store. One day a bee was on the window,
obviously trying to get out. I went over and coaxed the bee onto
my hand where it stayed until I got it outside. It flew away.

Living in central Texas, I do worry about the possibility that
I could come in contact with a hive of "killer" bees. I worry
more that my dogs or cats could be attacked. But I don't
obsess about it.

--

8^)~ Sue (remove the x to email)
~~~~