Old 15-11-2007, 05:09 AM posted to rec.gardens
Jim Jim is offline

Default Thinking about staying warm

Cheryl Isaak wrote:

Jim wrote:
Cheryl Isaak wrote:

It too cold here to think about much beyond the mittens and scarves.

which keeps your hands warmer, gloves or mittens?

Depends more on the pair - the pretty ones of either sort are USELESS,

that is so very funny to me and just about what I said to
my wife about my truck, it's a work truck, its useful, its
not supposed to be pretty.

but my thinsulate gloves are great
as are the pair of windstop polar fleece
mittens.

thinsulate is some good stuff. my wife gave me a pair of really
warm gloves to wear while driving tractor doing winter land cut
overs. they are leather with thinsulate lining. before that I'd
put a jersey cloth glove inside of a leather work glove and before
that I'd put 3 pairs of socks over my hands.