Old 15-11-2007, 09:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Uncle Marvo Uncle Marvo is offline

Default Are Runner Bean Beans Edible?

, I, Marvo, say :

In article ,
"Uncle Marvo" writes:

IMHO runner bean beans are not as tasty as broad beans. Though when
we were kids, we used to fight over the "fairy slippers" while mum
was splitting the runners. They are very tasty raw, as you say, and
to the best of my knowledge I never died as a result of (usually)
winning the fairy slipper fight.

I do not know at what stage the toxin develops, but I suspect that it
is associated with ripening. Those would have been very unripe.

According to most of what I read these days I died about 47 years ago. But I
didn't. Does that make me special, or does it make most of what I read these
days a bag of propaganda?