Old 15-11-2007, 12:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
andyv andyv is offline

Default Shredder for prunings and leaves

Davy wrote:
Andy,
I have a Bosch 2200HP - its a chipper not a shredder so it is useless with
leaves and thin stalks - it throws them out untouched.
At the moment I shred my leaves with an electric blower/sucker shredder.
But is slow work.

A cheap Bosch shredder would shred leaves but for leaves you need a shredder
with a hopper feed - these are not that common.

I have a fair few prunings from bushes to get rid of and the Bosch
2200HP looks ideal for this. However I also have to deal with what
starts out as something like 4 cubic metres of oak leaves every year.

I guess this has made up my mind that I'll have to do without for now.
My twiggy stuff will have to go in the green recycling bin, my soft
stuff on the compost heap and I'll just have to find a way to rot down
my leaves more efficiently. I just wish it didn't take up so much room.